Monday, February 27, 2012

Second Guessing

For me, the hardest part of parenting is the constant second guessing. Did I handle that situation the correct way? Did I say the right thing? Did I make the right decision? And, the one I always question, did I call the doctor too soon or not soon enough? 

Mason officially has the stomach bug that has been going around. He started getting sick yesterday and has continued through today. So, needless to say we didn't go to school today and have been hanging out around the house. 


I called the doctor to see what I could give him and what I should be watching out for. While I had the nurse on the phone, I asked about Madison. Miss Madie has had a rough couple of weeks. She is teething and her allergies have been acting up. Last week she started waking up crying in the middle of the night. Sometimes a bottle would calm her down and other times I would have to rock her and let her fuss herself back to sleep. I asked if it was maybe a growth spurt or if her teeth/allergies were bothering her. I feel like there are so many things it could be based off her symptoms. The nurse said it sounded like it was her ears and made an appointment for us to go in tomorrow. 

So now I'm kicking myself. Why did I not think it was her ears? Why did I wait 8 days to do anything? Why did I not pick up on the signs? Ugh!!!! I always struggle when they get sick. I wish there was an easy button to push when you have sick kids. One that says, "No, let it run its course" or "Yes, call the doctor it could be something more". I hate when my little guys are sick!!

On another note, Madison is 11 months today! I can't believe she will be one next month! 





No comments:

Post a Comment