Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Home Improvements

Slowly but surely we are getting around to doing our long list of home improvements we wanted to do. I blogged before about paining the kitchen, but now I have hardware! I did end up taking the vases down and I added three hanging candle holders. I never realized how nice it is to have that additional counter space. I had always had something on that counter and now that it is empty I'm finding I use it a lot, especially when we are entertaining. 



It's amazing to me how something so simple as a couple knobs really adds character to the room. All we have left to do in the kitchen is tiling the island. 

We also finally painted the kids rooms. Mason wanted blue, shocker! That of course is his favorite color and he wanted a car room. I'm still in the process of finding old car decor to go in his room but so far we have a good start. Madison's room is a butterfly theme. Aside from a few pieces of decor here and there for Mason's room all we have left to do in their rooms is get new beds. I'm planning on doing that sometime this Spring. 



Since we weren't quite ready to start the tile project in the kitchen Ronny decided he wanted to put crown molding in the entry way. After countless hours of watching the DIY channel, he decided he was ready. I was a little nervous going into it because we have a circular entry way. But, my amazing hubby pulled it off. Now we are just trying to decide if we are going to add crown molding to the inner circle of the ceiling. More than likely we are, but he wanted to see how it looked with just the one layer. 



I guess I should add he did have a little help from Miss Madie!



Next up, after we finish the second layer of crown molding and tile the island, is the guest bathroom and the kids bathroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment