Thursday, June 14, 2012

A Busy Start to Summer

Things have been a  little busy around here the past few weeks. I'm finally getting around to starting all my projects around the house. We have been in this house for a year and a half and I still feel like I have so much I need/want to do to the house. It is a never ending project! I started with painting the kids rooms. Now that I'm done with that I can finish getting their furniture and finish with the decor. Next, I'm going to work on their bathroom and painting the kitchen. I took a few pictures during the painting but haven't taken any after pictures. 



The kids went to a friends house to play the other day and I had 3 hours of uninterrupted time. I decided to do something for myself, something I wanted to do instead of something I had to do. So, I scrapbooked. It felt so good! It was like seeing an old friend again after a long time apart. I'm so behind on scrapbooking that I've actually skipped a few years just to make it easier to catch up and even doing that I'm just now in May of last year. I just scrapbooked Madison's birth. But, I was able to work on it and it made me realize how much I want to set aside time to continue to do something just for me. 



This weekend I was able to squeeze in two girls nights out! I'm not sure how that happened, other than I have the best husband in the world :) Friday night, a good friend called last minute and we decided to do dinner and drinks. Saturday night my sister and I went to the Tim McGraw & Kenny Chesney concert. Oh, it was fun! It was a great concert, so good I woke up Sunday with no voice, lol!




I've also tried to squeeze in some quality time with the kids by themselves. My parents watched Madison one afternoon so I could take Mason to see Madagascar and Mason hung out with Ronny one day so I could spend time with Madison. I love spending time with each of them alone. I think they like it too, Mason has already asked me when we are going to the movies again :)



No comments:

Post a Comment